The new version of OpenStack is out, and I have just finished uploading it all into Debian Sid. With a total of 38 packages that I uploaded yesterday (which was exhausting!), most, if not all, were only moving from Experimental to Sid with only tiny updates, and this represents the achievement of 6 months of packaging work. The new feature list is impressive, and I would like to highlight some part of it:
- New Ironic bare metal service.
- New Designate DNS as a Service project.
- Trove (DB as a Service) graduated from incubation and should work well now.
- TripleO (OpenStack On OpenStack) is now fully in Debian, together with Tuskar and Tuskar-UI.
- OpenStack now has VXLAN support through the new version of OVS and kernel >= 3.13. This solves the scalability issues with GRE tunnels.
For the moment, I haven’t packaged Sahara (eg: Hadoop as a service), but it might come later as a customer of us might require it.
There’s a lot less unit tests issues in the packages I uploaded to Sid: all SQLAlchemy issues have been dealt with. I wasn’t confident with the Havana release that Sid / Testing would be a good environment for OpenStack, but this time with Icehouse, I think it should be much better. Please test this brand new release and report issues on the BTS. As always, the packages are available also as Wheezy backports through the usual channels (see the official install guide).